Project 1 + Artist Statement





Statement:

        My goal for this project was to create something that was fleeting. I Created images that I thought would look visually pleasing, then either crumpled it up or set it on fire. I especially love the visual aspect of fire, If I could I would've had this project completely consist of flames. I only had one chance to record each piece being destroyed. 

           I enjoyed creating things and not going back. As an artist, I usually like to keep anything I create. Some things actually came out pretty nice and it was hard to let go but that was part of the challenge. I included a "glitching" effect to sort of represent the struggle of destroying my art. I threw everything out when I was finished recording and it felt almost liberating. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2: Process Posts 1| 2| 3

Project 4+ Artist Statement

Project 1 | Proposal